With Optimizer you can display a Video Slider with just a few clicks. To do that,
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Front page > Slider> Slider Type
- Select “Static slide” from the drop down menu. (Wait for the page to refresh so changes can take place)
- Click the “Video” tab.
- If you want to upload your own video, click on “Select file” and upload your video.
- You can also upload a YouTube video as a video background too. Just paste the last part of the YouTube videos URL in this field. Eg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk6_hdRtJOE
- You can mute the video by enabling the “Mute Video” option.
- If you want to play your video in a loop just turn on the “Repeat video”.
- To Add/Change Text of the Video Slider, click the “Edit Content” button and add your content.
- Click on Button 1 & Button 2 to add your button text, link. If you want to hide the buttons, simply clear out the “Button Text” field.
- Set your content box width & position from Slider Content Box Width & Content Box Vertical Position.
- The Video is not displayed on mobile devices because of apple’s policy on not auto playing videos on mobile device. So you will need to setup an Image for mobile devices, which will be displayed instead of the Video. You can add the Fallback image by clicking the “Image” tab beside the “Video” tab.
- Click the Save & Publish Button to save your changes.
Setting up Fallback Image for Mobile devices
Since iOS won’t auto-play video on mobile we’ve added a fallback photo for slider. Follow these steps to setup a image
- Go to Appearance -> Customize -> Frontpage -> Slider -> Static Slide Settings
- Click on Change Image to upload the image you want to show as fallback for mobile devices
- Click on Save & Publish