To set up the Static slider, follow these steps:
- Go to Appearance -> Customize -> Front page -> Slider-> Slider Type
- Select “Static slide” from the drop down menu. (Wait for the page to refresh so changes can take place)
- Click on image tab (since you want a single image slider)
- Click on Select Image to upload images. The Best resolution for the Static Slider image is 1920px x 900px.
- click on Edit Content from Static Slide Content (to add slider description content)
- A Text Editor will appear. Write your text here then click on Save and close.
- Click on Button 1 & Button 2 to add your button text, link. If you want to hide the buttons, simply clear out the “Button Text” field.
- Set your content box width and position from “Slider Content Box Width” and “Content Box Vertical Position” option.
- Click the Save & Publish Button to save your changes.
Tip: (Make sure Slide Background Slideshow Images, Custom Video File & YouTube Video ID fields are empty.)
Frequently Asked Question
1. Slider doesn’t work. Can’t see the slider on my front page?
In WordPress either you can select a page to be displayed as Front Page or you can select the latest posts to be displayed as front page.
- Go to Dashboard -> Settings -> Reading
- Set your “Front page displays” to “Your Latest Posts”
- Click on “Save Changes”
2. How can I remove the “Demo” & “Download” button from Slider?
- Go to Appearance -> Customize -> Front Page -> Slider
- Click on respectively “Button 1″ & “Button 2″.
- Empty what’s on “Button text” and “Button link” field.
- Click “Save & Publish”
3. How can I remove the Optimizer logo from front page slider?
To remove these logo or text follow below steps:
- Go to Dashboard->Appearance -> Customize -> Front Page -> Slider
- Click on “Edit Content” from Static Slide Content
- Select all text and change it ( Its white on white, that’s why you are having difficulty)
- Click “Save & close“