To install a WordPress Theme via FTP, follow these steps (We will be using Filezilla as our FTP Client):
- First Open up Filezilla
- Enter the FTP account details provided by your web host in Host, Username & Password field
Host: Server hostname (FTP.yourdomain.com)
Username: Your Username
Password: Your Password
- Once connected, you’ll see two panes.
Left Pane: Shows the files on your computer
Right Pane: Shows the files currently on the web server.
- Locate your root folder (usually the folder is named “public_html” but it could also be ”www”)
- Now extract the zip file you downloaded earlier (optimizer_pro.zip) and then drag & drop the unzipped theme folder to wp-content/themes/ directory.
- After the upload is complete activate the theme by going to Appearance -> Themes from WordPress Dashboard.