Installing The Theme via WordPress Dashboard
To Install a Theme via WordPress Dashboard follow these steps:
- Go to your WordPress Admin Panel & Log in (Ex: http://yourwebsite.com/wp-admin)
- Go to Appearance -> Themes -> Add New
- From top, Click on Upload Theme
- Choose the ZIP file you’ve downloaded & Click Install Now
- Click on Activate to active the theme
If you are a visual learner, you can watch this video tutorial about How To Install a Theme
Installing The Theme via FTP
To install a WordPress Theme via FTP, follow these steps:
We will be using Filezilla
- Open Filezilla
- Enter the FTP account details provided by your web host in Host, Username & Password field
Host: Server hostname (FTP.yourdomain.com)
Username: Your Username
Password: Your Password
- Once connected, you’ll see two panes.
Left Pane (Local Site): Shows the files on your computer
Right Pane (Remote Site): Shows the files currently on the web server.
- Locate your root folder (Ex: public_html)
- Extract the theme file; drag & drop the unzipped theme folder to wp-content/themes directory.
- If you’re done uploading files, to disconnect just click the disconnect icon
- Activate the theme from Appearance -> Themes
If you are a visual learner, follow Video tutorial about How To Use FTP To Upload Files To WordPress